Nov 3, 2009

AAI Scholar in Need of Your Help

Ms. Heneliza Ancheta, a fourth-year nursing student at Notre Dame of Jolo College, needs emergency funds to ensure she can finish her education. She needs $500.00 for her penultimate semester, and $600.00 for her final semester and exams. Heneliza is the last of AAI's Community Service Scholars, and she needs you to help her achieve her dreams, just like 17 of her predecessors who have already graduated from college as part of AAI's program. Please find below Heneliza's personal statement to AAI:
Who I am

May peace be with you…

I am Henelize Ancheta, 20 years old and a senior in the nursing program at Notre Dame College of Jolo. I live in Habena Scoto Road Jolo, Sulu. I have seven members in the family. My father is a carpenter and my mother is a housekeeper [combined income is less than $2 per day]. I have three brothers and one sister. It is sad that I belong to a poor family as an eldest, because I take the most responsibility at home.
Since I was in elementary school, I have been dreaming becoming a successful nurse someday. However, my parents could not afford to send me to school because of the high tuition fee. That is why AAI helping me with the scholarship to overcome my poor situation serves as my inspiration to give all my best in my study. There is no reason for me to give up because I know God has plans for me and my family are here by my side to give all their full support and love. I am not hopeless and always pray to out to the Almighty to help me to achieve all my dreams and ambition in life.

I am very thankful and happy for this opportunity AAI has given to me. I am also thankful to my beloved principal and teachers who help me and most especially you sir, whom had given his/her wisdom to support me in my study.

I am always praying that in the future I can give a better life to myself and to my family and community. In behalf of my family we really appreciate for everything, the opportunity for education, you brought to us. I can not explain the happiness.

Thank you very much and God bless you.

If you would like to help Heneliza, please support AAI's Community Service Scholars program here, or at AAI's Universal Giving website.

No comments: